Thursday, August 5, 2010

Corny

corn salad w feta & walnuts


This was a fantastic light meal for a 103-degree day. I had some corn on the cob and decided this recipe was the perfect use for it! I brushed the cobs with some olive oil, wrapped them in foil, and grilled them for about 10 minutes. Delicious! I tried to roast the walnuts on the grill too, to avoid turning on the oven, but ended up with a burned mess. Eh, they're just as good not roasted.

Corn Salad with Feta and Walnuts
From Real Simple, June 2009

Ingredients:
1 cup walnuts
4 cups fresh corn kernels, raw or cooked
2 jalapeƱos, seeded and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese (2 ounces)

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool and roughly chop.
2. In a large bowl, combine the corn, jalapeƱos, lime juice, oil, walnuts, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. (I also added a small bell pepper from my garden.) Sprinkle with the Feta before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I have 2 ears of corn leftover from boiling last night. I'm totally making this salad! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete