Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Recent goings-on.

golfparty

Last Saturday I helped host a golf-themed bachelorette party for my good friend Myla. Her bridesmaids came up with the idea and it turned out to be SO much fun. We drove all over town completing various tasks, or "holes" - including drinks (of course), sushi, cupcakes, actual putting on one of those putting mats that spits the ball back at you, karaoke, and more. My only job was to bring food for the portion of the party at Myla's apartment. I made mini-quiches, a veggie and dip tray, and chocolate caramel crack(ers). It was a great night!

2010Aug8

On Sunday, Caroline accompanied me on my tax-free shopping spree. Knowing me as she does, she had sent me an early birthday card with a New York & Company giftcard and coupons, so that was the first place we visited. :) I found an adorable dress (with pockets!), two pairs of pants, and the bracelet and earrings on the right. That was the bulk of my purchases. We did drive out to DSW and J.Crew, but I wasn't thrilled with anything at DSW (gasp!), and J.Crew closed right as we pulled up. I thought most places closed no earlier than 6:00 on Sundays, but Saddle Creek jumped the gun, even on tax-free weekend. So no ruffle tank and cute skirt for me. We made a final stop at Target to console ourselves, and I bought these jeweled flip-flops that I've been watching for months.

I also went to a progressive dinner for my new small group at my new church. So it was a very busy weekend, and even now on Wednesday I don't feel totally recovered. But quality time with friends is more important than sleep anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment