Monday, August 23, 2010

We're just getting started.

paramore10 (6)

I went to Nashville this weekend to see Paramore in their hometown show at the Municipal Auditorium! My friend Esther drove up from Chattanooga to go with me. It was my first time seeing them live, and I hope not the last!

The auditorium isn't that big, so there really wasn't a bad seat in the house. Esther and I were perplexed at first by the youthfulness of the crowd (I've never thought of Paramore as a teen band even though some of the members ARE teens), but all was explained when they started playing "Decode" (the Twilight song) and the crowd ROARED. :P They played almost all of my favorite songs*, and I loved it when they brought out a red couch (a la the cover of their debut album) for their acoustic set. As a group, they have amazing energy onstage. The guitarists did flips over each other more than once, and I think Hayley Williams climbed onto every amp on the stage.

The opening acts were New Found Glory (too much noise for me, although I must give them props for being fellow South Florida natives) and Tegan and Sara. I know many T&S fans, but hadn't been exposed to much of their music. They're obviously very talented composition-wise, but their style isn't really my cup of tea. I'm still mulling it over.

* = For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic, Brick by Boring Brick, Miracle, When It Rains, Emergency, Careful, That's What You Get, Ignorance, Feeling Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment