Thursday, November 25, 2010

100 Thankfuls

100thpost

This is my 100th blog post! I thought about doing a 100 Things About Me, as many bloggers do, to celebrate. But since it's Thanksgiving (and I'd like to maintain some mystery), here are 100 random things I'm thankful for:

1. My salvation
2. Colors
3. The ocean
4. Dolphins, whales, and other sea life
5. My parents' love, support, and 34-year marriage
6. My siblings
7. My wonderful friends
8. Lilies
9. My lovely home (which I just refinanced – woo hoo!)
10. My backyard hammock, between two trees
11. My cats
12. The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
13. The fact that being a nerd has a certain panache right now
14. My high school band years, which helped to make me who I am today
15. My college RUF years – see above
16. My free college education (thank you Cecil C. Humphries Scholarship)
17. Cute shoes
18. My fantastic new church
19. Coffee
20. Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupons
21. Getting to sleep in most Saturday mornings
22. The ability to visit Florida at least once a year so I don't waste away with longing
23. Birthdays
24. Avocados
25. McAlister's sweet tea
26. The Peanuts gang
27. Art supplies and office supplies
28. Hugs
29. Dancing
30. Fresh herbs
31. Aveeno Stress Relief Moisturizing Lotion
32. Philippians 1:6, I Peter 1:6-7, and Psalm 34
33. Realizing that I don't have to have everything figured out all the time
34. Watching friends achieve goals and get married and have babies
35. Having a stable job for the past nine years
36. The Palladia channel
37. iPods, for giving me an outlet for my lifelong music-shuffling tendencies
38. Easy-Way Produce stores
39. Trees
40. Running water
41. Contact lenses
42. OPI nail polish – it really is the best
43. Sonic Happy Hour
44. Gardening (it lets me participate in the circle of life)
45. Birds
46. Meteor showers
47. "Walk On" by U2
48. Cake of any kind
49. Seasons
50. Friends and its ability to make me laugh no matter what's going on
51. Snow days
52. Using my experience to help and advise others
53. Libraries
54. Not having to use much math in everyday life (since I'm horrible at it)
55. Pens that write well
56. Auto-complete – it makes texting and working much faster, and when it's incorrect, it's funny
57. My camera
58. Prayer
59. Pancakes
60. Sunshine
61. Having a lot of storage space
62. The general good health of my loved ones
63. Holiday weekends
64. Tiger basketball and Coach Pastner
65. The fact that my car is paid in full and still functioning
66. Hope
67. Family and friends who share my sense of humor
68. My red peacoat
69. Flip-flops
70. Living within walking distance of several parks
71. Google Maps
72. My bed
73. Having access to exercise equipment at work so I can exercise on my lunch break
74. The ability to play an instrument (if poorly :\)
75. Feeling really free to be myself for possibly the first time ever
76. My set of beautiful tri-clad cookware with glass lids
77. The quote-ability of Mr. Deeds
78. Entertainment Weekly in my mailbox every Friday
79. Bougainvillea (pretty and fun to say)
80. Greek food
81. Freedom
82. Possibilities
83. Fall foliage
84. Crock-Pots
85. The fact that my company provides me with tissues at work (I go through a lot of them)
86. The happiness that comes over me when I'm on a boat
87. My automatic thermostat (they do save money!)
88. Getting back in touch with childhood friends after many years
89. The Olympics
90. Air Wick Harvest Spice plug-ins
91. Saying the creed at church every week and knowing that I'm part of something much bigger than myself
92. Terra cotta pots that weather nicely
93. Coke Zero
94. Having a recycling center near my house
95. Candles
96. The many people who have been so nonjudgmental and caring toward me this year
97. Chocolate
98. Ergonomic keyboards
99. Hymns that have stood the test of time
100. The fact that tomorrow is always new day with no mistakes in it yet.

2 comments: