Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kick off your Sunday shoes.

Today some actors from a local production of Footloose came to my office, and I was stunned to realize that despite being a dancer (of sorts) AND a child of the 80's, I don't know the Footloose dance. ! This led me to reflect on other "classic" dances I've wanted to learn for a while:


Single Ladies



Bye Bye Bye
*


Oops I Did It Again



And of course, Thriller


...just to name a few. I guess I need to teach myself, because we sure aren't going to learn them at my line dancing class. :) What famous dances do you know, or have always wanted to learn?

* = Semi-related: Debra suggested we go to NKOTBSB this summer, but I thought it was kind of expensive and I was never especially into either band. The concert was Monday night, and now I'm seeing friends' pictures and it looks like it was a total blast. Mistake!!!

4 comments:

  1. Funny. Thriller creeps me out though...even to this day...I don't like that song...can't listen to it...if it gets stuck in my head at night, I just might have a nightmare. I'm a big baby. But I'd be up for learning the other dances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved NKOTB in the early '90s, but what does SB stand for?

    Add *NSYNC's "Tearing Up My Heart" to the list. They had really great choreography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a blended acronym because they're on tour with the Backstreet Boys. It's a combined concert!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly never knew much about Thriller until watching 13 Going on 30. Now I want to know it all so bad! LOL.

    I know pieces of Bye, Bye, Bye.

    I'm disappointed that you put up the actual Single Ladies, and not Justin Timberlake's. ;o)

    ReplyDelete