Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August Beauties

jul4party11 (21)

Today is Alanna's birthday! She's part of the "August Beauties Club" that also includes Esther, Hillary, and my college BFF Emily. (Actually, I just made that up - we don't have an official club, but we totally should! And we should wear gardenias in our hair at all our meetings.)

Alanna moved to Memphis several years ago and hardly knew anyone here. Her sister, who was and is an online friend of mine, suggested that we meet. So we met for lunch at Atlanta Bread Company (RIP) and we were wearing the same sunglasses. We hit it off right away, and as we were leaving, a passing man asked us if we were sisters. The rest is history. :) I'm thankful for our friendship and have learned a lot from her, especially over the past year or so.

Alanna has an Etsy shop, Charlie + Lu, with beautiful handmade jewelry (and other fun things to come!). I especially love the earrings made from pages from Narnia books. Check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have a friend like that in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never posted on this but you totally made my day. I was all "AWWWWW" and teary when I read it. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete