Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday Linkage

2011 Pumpkin

I wasn't planning to get a pumpkin this year, but when I saw them at Easy-Way, I couldn't resist! For the design, I just found a "B" font I liked, freehanded it onto the pumpkin with a Sharpie, and outlined the B with black puffy paint for extra emphasis. I love how it turned out and it makes me happy to look at it. :) At first I was afraid to put it outside lest someone smash it, but it's unscathed so far.

For your Friday, here's some random linkage (some of these are kind of old):

Six awesome local Halloween costume ideas at I Love Memphis. Also: 10 Memphis locations for great photo shoots.

♥ A very honest, well-written post on men, women, and ministry from my friend Becca. I'm still figuring out what I believe about a lot of gender issues in the church, and I thought this was great.

♥ Some reflections on the Grizzlies' playoff run at Memphis Connect.

♥ Great thoughts on Sufficient Grace, from C Jane.

In Defense of the Romance Novel, from Emily.

Build a bench, not a platform, from Chatting at the Sky.

A beautiful tribute to a great dad. Prepare to shed tears and be inspired.

How Tina Fey helped me love my body, by Jonalyn Fincher. (This reminds me that I still need to read Bossypants.)

Support for broken hearts from the awesome Sparkle Solo. Also: Being Enough, and Kissing (or lack thereof).

♥ For fellow Veronica Mars fans: Notes on a Veronica Mars Rewatching from Diana Peterfreund.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the VM link! I have to agree with all Peterfreund says! What a great idea to take notes like that.. I always have plenty of thoughts on these things. :P I guess I do write about them sometimes.

    ReplyDelete