Sunday, December 4, 2011

Italian Chicken Chowder


I can't believe I haven't posted this soup recipe here before, because among many beloved soup recipes, it's my favorite. I think I originally saw it on the Kraft or Campbell's website. I can make it from memory. It's my go-to dinner for last-minute company, because it's fast and you can double or triple it with hardly any effort. It covers all the food groups. With a can of crescent rolls, it's a respectable meal. Most importantly, it's so delicious that I usually burn my mouth trying to eat it right out of the pot. This soup will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.


Italian Chicken Chowder
Serves 2-3.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing (I love the Kroger Zesty Italian that you can get for a dollar)
1/2 pound chicken breast, chopped
1 14.5-oz can stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 cup chicken broth
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1/2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Heat dressing in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring once.

2. Add broth, stewed tomatoes with juices, zucchini, macaroni, and basil. Bring to a boil over high heat.

3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for about 8 minutes, or until macaroni is tender. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with shredded cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment