Monday, January 9, 2012

Broccoli Pasta


Now that the holidays are over, I'm trying to cut back on calories. Unfortunately, I'm in a bad cycle of having small dinners to compensate for a day of eating normally, then getting hungry and grazing until I would have been better off just eating a real meal. This recipe strikes a good balance. It's delicious and satisfying, but not guilt-inducing. I had some on Friday night... with a large glass of sangria. :P

Easiest Broccoli Pasta
Via Skinnytaste. Serves 6.

Ingredients:
12 oz. uncooked pasta
6 1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets (no stems)
5 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped (I tend to buy minced garlic in a jar and add it by the teaspoon)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
2 Tbsp olive oil

Directions:
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and broccoli at the same time, and follow the directions on the box for al dente pasta. When the pasta is done, reserve about a cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli and set aside in a separate bowl.

2. Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high. Add one Tbsp olive oil. Once the oil is heated, add garlic and cook until golden.

3. Reduce heat to low and put pasta and broccoli back in the pot. Mix well, adding grated cheese, salt, and pepper. Add reserved pasta water to taste, continuing to mix well. Serve with additional grated cheese on the side.


I still haven't gotten back into a posting rhythm since my break, so thanks for bearing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment