Monday, January 2, 2012

December Book List


Yearning: Living Between How It Is and How It Ought to Be by Craig Barnes
This book took me a long time to complete, partly because I didn't make much progress until I put the highlighter down. In a way, it's The Allure of Hope 202 - a lot of the same themes are addressed, but more deeply and less optimistically. However, the hopefulness increases as the book goes on. These are good, solid thoughts to revisit in the future.

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Amy's dad recently died in a car accident - and she thinks it's her fault. Her mom asks Roger, an old family friend, to drive Amy cross country on a pre-arranged route to her family's new home in Connecticut. When the kids decide to take a detour, a very different journey begins. It's a touching, endearing, and funny story with likable characters, and I wouldn't mind a Roger of my own. :)

The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party by Alexander McCall Smith
In this 12th installment of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Mma Ramotswe sees the ghost of her old white van, investigates a cattle-related mystery, and helps one of the mechanic apprentices with a big problem. Meanwhile, Mma Makutsi prepares for her long-awaited wedding. I love this series!

Books for December: 3
2011 TOTAL: 71

I was hoping to hit at least 75 books for the year, but considering my schedule and the heaviness of many of my selections, I probably did well to make it this far. I bought a Kindle the day after Christmas (more on that later), so we'll see if that boosts my numbers for 2012! Either way, it's all about the love of reading, not numbers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment