Friday, July 6, 2012

Patriotic Wreath


I hope everyone had a good Fourth! I am IN LOVE with this patriotic wreath that I made the night before - found here. I started with a cheap straw wreath from Michaels (still wrapped in plastic, which I've learned is the only way to go with straw wreaths), and wrapped it in red, white, and blue yarn. It took about half a skein of each color. I cut the stars out of white felt that I already had, and borrowed straight pins from my mom.

As I've mentioned before, I have trouble fitting multi-dimensional wreaths between my regular door and storm door, so I love that this one is flat. It looks so sharp and streamlined, and it was so easy to do. I'll probably leave it up for all of July. If we can celebrate Christmas for over a month, I don't see why I can't celebrate my country for longer than a day. :)

***

Sorry for the lack of scintillating posts lately, but life is currently a little unscheduled and unpredictable (as is common in the summer) and I'm enjoying living it. But I am still around and will eventually get back into more of a routine.

Also, if any locals might be interested in buying a Lexus RX300, let me know. So far I'm not getting any closer to that Hyundai Elantra.

3 comments:

  1. What a darling idea for a wreath! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath! It turned out adorably, and you should definitely keep it up all month. :)

    ReplyDelete