Friday, October 5, 2012

High 5

iphone5 (2)


I got my first smartphone three years ago - the HTC Eris, one of the very first Droid devices. Let me be clear, I am NOT an early adopter type. I wouldn't even have hopped on the smartphone bandwagon back then, but my ex got a new cell phone carrier and data plan without consulting me, so I was locked in. Once I had one, I really enjoyed it, but I still didn't care about keeping up with the latest, coolest technology. So I've hung on to my Droid long past my renewal date. However, this year I started to see the benefits of the iPhone, at the same time that my Droid started having hiccups. I decided that when the iPhone 5 came out, I'd get the 4S because it would be super cheap then! Right? WRONG. When I excitedly logged onto Verizon around the release date, the 5 and the 4S were the SAME PRICE. So I disgustedly gave up and ordered the 5. I've since learned that you have to wait several weeks (or longer) after a new release to see a price drop on the old version, but what's done is done.

My shiny new phone finally arrived yesterday! I'm excited, but am having a hard time setting it up, and I'm not even 100% sure it's connected/working. I can barely navigate it. This completes my personal switch to Apple, but apparently my learning curve is still steep. I also hoped this phone and its 4G could overpower whatever secret signal blocker is installed in my office building, but the battery is draining just as fast as the Droid's did. Bleah.

Anyway, I welcome tips, app recommendations, and links to sales on the new charger. :) I get to join Instagram now! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, pretty! I hope you can figure it out quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun!! I have no recommendations, since I don't own one (yet!). I am hoping to get one when I am up for a renewal. Uhhh in like 2014. LOL Enjoy it and I can't wait to hear your review.

    ReplyDelete