Friday, December 21, 2012

Balsamic Roasted Carrots

roastedcarrots

If you still have a holiday potluck to attend, or need a lighter side dish for Christmas dinner, I suggest these Balsamic Roasted Carrots. I used to shy away from signing up for sides because I never knew what to make. Since I discovered these carrots, they've become my go-to! They're delicious, healthy, cheap, and require almost no effort. WIN.

The "recipe" originally comes from here, but I think I got it from Ashley. There's not much to it!


- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spread out two pounds (i.e. two packages) of baby carrots on a large cookie sheet, jelly roll pan, or roasting pan. If you're feeding a big crowd, of course you can add more carrots.

- Season the carrots (with whatever you're in the mood for: salt and pepper, rosemary, etc.) and drizzle evenly with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes.

- Remove the carrots from the oven and top with about 2 Tbsp of olive oil, 3 Tbsp of honey, and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. The amounts don't have to be exact - I usually add more balsamic vinegar because I love it. Toss to make sure the carrots are coated pretty evenly. Return to the oven for about 5 more minutes.

- Transfer carrots to a Pyrex or serving dish. They can be made in advance and still taste great reheated!


***

Just an FYI, I probably won't be blogging quite as regularly over the next couple of weeks. I'll still pop in, but want to take time to enjoy the holidays and some R&R. I imagine most bloggers are doing the same!

1 comment:

  1. This would have been a good thing to have at Christmas dinner - maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete