Monday, January 28, 2013

Best Base Coat

I'm waiting anxiously for a call from the vet about my cat, so I'll distract myself with a post about my latest miracle beauty discovery: Orly Bonder.



I love nail polish. Over the past year or two, I've had decreasing success keeping a manicure intact for more than a day. I mostly use OPI or Essie polishes, and Seche Vite topcoat, so I didn't understand why my nails were chipping so quickly. I tried a string of different base coats (including Nailtek) with the same results. Then I got a professional manicure before Christmas, and it stayed perfect for over a week. So I knew something better was possible. Orly Bonder was the first internet-recommended base coat I tried, and hopefully the last! I've used it twice now, and both times my manicure has endured as long as the salon one did. I'm officially impressed.

Orly Bonder is available at most drugstores and beauty stores for $8-$10. It apparently contains rubber, so if you're committed to natural or organic beauty products, it isn't for you. But if you just want your polish to stay put, this is the shiz.

(I was NOT compensated in any way for this post.)

2 comments:

  1. So, question... do you bring your own base coat for a professional manicure, or just go with what they use?
    I have given up doing my nails myself, because they NEVER stay on long... so I have started spending the $13 to get a mani, and trying to make it last two weeks. But I am all up for anything that would stretch it out even one more day! (and to be honest, even the professional mani looks like a train wreck after 10 days!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never bring my own polish for a manicure. I trust that their stuff is better than mine. :) For this last one, I think she used the CND gel base coat under regular polish. I was a little nervous about whether it would come off with regular remover, but I didn't have any problems!

      Delete