Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday Links



Happy Friday! I don't have as many links as usual, since Google Reader took all of my starred posts with it to the grave. (I've emigrated to Feedly, which, to my surprise, I LOVE.) But here are some things that have caught my interest this week.

♥ Did you miss Sharknado last night? Even worse, did you miss the Sharknado livetweeting? Don't worry, here's a quick digest of some of the best tweets. Personally, I think it deserves a place among the most hilariously awful TV movies of all time.

♥ One of my Story 101 classmates is doing a fantastic series on the dangers of "guard your heart" theology. Start here: I Guarded My Heart, and I Regret It.

♥ A fascinating article that could launch a hundred discussions: I Was A Manic Pixie Dream Girl.

♥ Word Nerd Alert: Have you ever wondered about the origin of "OK"? I've heard many different stories and was still confused, but this Mental Floss article cleared things up.

Katy Perry did a cover and interview for Vogue. I just love her. My favorite quote: "At first when I met him he wanted an equal, and I think a lot of times strong men do want an equal, but then they get that equal and they’re like, I can’t handle the equalness."

♥ Finally, I can't stop watching this redub of the Cosby Show intro with Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines." It just works.

1 comment:

  1. I love feedly, too. So so SO much. My only complaint is not being able to delete tags after I've created them. Or edit them.

    ReplyDelete