Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Chocolate Cherry Zucchini Bread

I got this recipe from my friend Robin at least a year ago, and now I'm sorry I waited so long to try it!

chocolate cherry zucchini bread
Chocolate Cherry Zucchini Bread
Makes 2 loaves (although I halved it to make only one)

Ingredients:
3 eggs (I used egg whites)
¾ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 ½ cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour (I used half white, half whole wheat)
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
½ cup dark chocolate chips
2/3 cup dried cherries (I used fresh)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour two medium loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil, applesauce, and sugar, then stir in zucchini and vanilla.
3. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips, cherries, and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Batter will be green, but bakes up brown.
4. Divide batter into prepared pans. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done.

This bread is so amazing that I ate almost half the loaf by myself on the first night. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment