Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Down on the farm.

Only a week ago, we were all trying to get home in the ice and snow. But right now it's brightly sunny and 71 degrees! There's nothing like the freedom of leaving the building without a coat for the first time all winter. Or seeing your own legs again after they've been covered by pants, tights, and boots for several months. Actually, that can be a little scary.

The great weather has been in place since last weekend, when I visited a new friend's farm in Millington! She showed me all around the farm, and I got to pet and/or hold chickens, baby goats, and cows. I had a BLAST!

farmvisit11 (23)

(We joked that I should tag the cow on Facebook. LOL.)

farmvisit11 (3)

Baby goats are so sweet!

farmvisit11 (13)

farmvisit11 (19)

Adult goats are pretty cute too.

farmvisit11 (22)

Someday, if I live further out in the country, I'd like to have chickens. They're messy and can be noisy, but it would be so cool to have fresh eggs every day. Plus I could feel all pioneery with chickens roaming around.

I'm loving life lately! Spring is on the way!

4 comments:

  1. My favorite time of year will always be early autumn, but as I get older and depending on where I live, I'm starting to really love late winter with early signs of spring. Something about this time of year just really feels new and exciting. I'm happy you got to spend a fun day on the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in those photos--your hair looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! :) It has been behaving really well lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures! You look so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete