Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

How was everyone's Easter weekend? Mine was great! My brother Kevin and his girlfriend Stefanie were in town, so there was lots of family time. My church sponsored a free Bebo Norman concert at the Levitt Shell. My pastor preached an Easter sermon that made me want to stand up and cheer. But just as exciting: I got to see Sara Bareilles in concert!

sbconcert (6)

sbconcert (8)

sbconcert (5)

Caroline and Stefanie were my concert companions. :)

sbconcert (4)

Sara is one of my VERY favorite artists, and her music has been especially dear to my heart over the last year. This happened to be the last night of the Kaleidoscope Heart tour, and she definitely left everything on the stage. It was amazing! In addition to her own wonderful songs, she also covered Cee-Lo, Mumford and Sons, and Coldplay. :)

Also amazing: opening act Elizabeth and the Catapult. I need to download their album. Elizabeth reminded me a lot of Kelle Hampton, both in looks and in personality (not that I actually know Kelle Hampton, but you know).

sbconcert (1)

This was my first show at Minglewood Hall, although it's been open for several years. It's a great venue - small but not too small, clean, totally non-smoking, and they even have chairs toward the back for those who want/need to sit. I'd definitely go there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment