Saturday, July 23, 2011

Out of Ideas

suggestions

Last week I went to a one-off Beth Moore study with my mom (the topic was Jesus' first miracle at the wedding at Cana). I wish I had written down this comment verbatim, but the gist of it was enough for me. I copied what I remembered into my prayer/thankfulness journal, because it's so true. We love to offer God suggestions and solutions. It's when we're backed into a corner, all out of ideas, that things start to seem hopeless. We pray, "God, I don't know how You're going to fix this," and we sort of give up.

But I've seen in my own life that God often chooses not to act until we reach the end of ourselves. When we realize we have nothing to offer and think all is lost, God loves to gently push us aside, roll up His sleeves, and show us what He can do. It's hard to remember that, but when we do, it's so reassuring.

No comments:

Post a Comment