Saturday, July 2, 2011

With them Indiana boys on them Indiana nights.

Evansville, IN

Last weekend, I checked another state off my visited-states list: Indiana! My brother Kevin just moved to Evansville for a new job - he's been there about three weeks now. He found an apartment, so my parents and I drove up with his furniture, helped him move in, and got to know the area a little. The word I find myself saying most when describing Evansville is "nice." It's just... nice! :) It's large enough to have everything you need, but it doesn't feel congested or overcrowded, and nothing is further than ten minutes away. Kevin's apartment is literally across the street from most of the major stores you can think of, but it also backs up to a bean field.

Evansville, IN

Evansville, IN

Kevin's boss told us to go out for a nice dinner and add it to his moving allowance. So we went to Bonefish Grill. There's a Bonefish here, but I had never been (it's expensive!). Well, IT WAS AMAZING. My mom and I shared a black cherry mojito, we all shared the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer, and I had stuffed tilapia with potatoes au gratin. It was the most delicious meal I've had in a long time. Anyone want to start going there with me? I hear the Bang Bang Shrimp is only $5 on Wednesdays!

Evansville, IN

Evansville, IN

Evansville, IN

The highlight of the trip was a baseball game at the stadium where A League of Their Own was filmed! It's the third oldest baseball stadium in America. We had "box seats" through Kevin's work, but "box" there means the front section. Also, if you want refreshments, someone gets them for you. Swanky!! The game itself was so-so, but the entertainment between innings was hilarious. I think this game will be a family joke for a looooooong time:

Evansville, IN

Yes. That is a giant pink intestine.

We also visited downtown Evansville (although everything was closed because it was Sunday), and the next town over, Newburgh. If I moved to the area, that's where I'd want to live! They have a beautiful historic riverfront. The riverfront downtown looked nice too (there I go with the "nice" again!), but it was more, you know, downtowny.

I'm sure this was only the first of many trips to Hoosier country. I look forward to exploring it more in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment