Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chicken with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers

chickenartichokesredpeppers

Over these last few months, I've really fallen off the cooking bandwagon. More often than not, my dinner consists of salad, a veggie omelet, or embellished Lipton broccoli and cheese noodles. While there's nothing wrong with those tasty choices, I promised myself that I wouldn't fall into a lazy dinner rut. So the other night, I came home determined to cook a real meal. This fit the bill nicely - artichokes and/or roasted red peppers seem fancy and indulgent to me. It was also exciting to use the peppers I roasted myself! I must have done an okay job with them, because I didn't get sick. LOL.

Chicken with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers

Ingredients:
3 chicken breasts
½ cup chopped onions
3 tsp chopped garlic
1 cup chicken broth
1 can artichokes, quartered
½ jar roasted red peppers, sliced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
½ tsp crushed red pepper
2 Tbsp flour, dissolved in water (optional, for thickening - I skipped it)

Directions:
1. Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic, and set to cook on a George Foreman grill.

2. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray, and cook onions and garlic over medium heat. Once onions are clear, add chicken broth and reduce a bit.

3. After about five minutes, add artichokes and roasted red peppers. Remove chicken from the grill and slice into strips. Add to skillet. Add tomatoes and crushed red peppers and simmer for 5 minutes.

4. Add flour if sauce is too runny. Thicken and serve. Great over couscous!

No comments:

Post a Comment