Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


My dad and brother view Thanksgiving as a deer-hunting holiday, so unlike most families, mine tends to scatter for the turkey feast. :\ This year, my sister and brother-in-law invited me to his family's Thanksgiving in Cullman, Alabama. I wasn't sure how it would go, but I had a fantastic time. His family is very relaxed and welcoming, and I felt comfortable with them immediately. To paraphrase Debra, it was good Southern food with good Southern people. We all enjoyed our couple of days together, and of course, I was happy to spend the holiday with my sister.


The whole fam
We took advantage of the nice day and surroundings and had a photo shoot - Debra and I both needed new pictures for our Christmas cards!


Acknowledging the niece or nephew to-be :)

 



How was your Thanksgiving?

4 comments:

  1. It's evidently the year to spend Thanksgiving with your sibling's in-laws. Laura's sister and husband spent Thanksgiving with us in Indy. Another friend of ours spend Thanksgiving with her sister-in-law's family. And you. How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving. Mine was pretty low key. Just what I needed, though. Love your Christmas pics. Candid shots add always fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a good time, and you got some really good pictures! I love the one where you and Debra are pointing to her belly, and the one where you're leaning over the fence. Your hair looks great, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of you on the fence! :) Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete