Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Opryland Christmas

Last weekend, my parents and I met my brother (and of course, my sister and brother-in-law, who live there) in Nashville. We aren't all together very often anymore, so family time is more special than it used to be! The reason for our trip was the children's Christmas program at Debra and Lance's church (Lance is the children's pastor), but we also continued our Nashville Christmas tradition of going to Opryland Hotel to see the lights. Last year, the hotel had just reopened after the historic floods, and we kept exclaiming "I saw a picture of this spot underwater!" This year's visit was a little lighter on awe, but still great. :)

My mom and Kevin at the poinsettia tree.

Posing with my sock monkey scarf with attached mittens!

Debra and Pops have a rest and a snack.

In the Cascades


Next year I think we'll go later and hang around longer. The people-watching is great. Last year we witnessed a proposal! I think Opryland at Christmas would be an amazing place to get engaged.

1 comment:

  1. One of my best friends got engaged at Opryland during Christmas. It was really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete