Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wild on Wednesday: Holiday Recipes


In keeping with the season, I've been cooking and baking for a lot of events. Here are links to some recent winning recipes! I keep forgetting to take photos of the finished products, so I haven't posted about them individually.

Cornbread Muffins - I don't have a cast-iron skillet, and it was harder than expected to find a cornbread recipe that didn't require one. This version is adaptable to different pans, including my special cast-iron pan in the shape of little corn cobs!

Spinach Dip - This is the best cold spinach dip I've ever had. I literally threw away my other recipes after tasting it. It's creamy, but with a little kick thanks to the cumin.

Spinach Artichoke Dip - An excellent hot spinach dip option! I found this one on Pinterest (and am now subscribed to Brown Eyed Baker. Could be dangerous). You can mix up this dip the night before and then heat just before serving. Since I regularly go to events straight from work, I appreciate recipes like that.

Spiced Applesauce Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting - My mom paid me to make this for a Christmas party at her workplace. Unfortunately, everyone was on a diet (at Christmas?), so a lot was left over, but then I got to try some and it was delicious. You can't go wrong with Smitten Kitchen.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I completely forgot that it was WILD ON WEDNESDAY! There is nothing more amazing than spinach artichoke dip.

    ReplyDelete