Monday, April 9, 2012

He Is Risen

yard040812 (1)
Volunteer amaryllii on the side of my house
I hope everyone had a nice Easter! My Easter weekend was a much needed time of refreshment. Good Friday was especially perfect - I took the day off, rode my bike on the Greenline to meet Nell for lunch, scored some deals at Ulta, and saw The Hunger Games again. My brother was here for the weekend, and it was so good to spend time with him. I laugh a lot more when he's around. On Saturday evening, we went as a family to my church's third annual Easter Eve concert at the Levitt Shell. Drew and Ellie Holcomb performed. As usual, it was a beautiful night and a good crowd.

Of course, Easter itself was wonderful! Everything about the service at church was so appropriate and meaningful. I love the joyful atmosphere of Easter, the songs we don't sing at any other time, and the shining faces and full pews. This portion of the service basically sums up where I've been lately, so I recorded it in my prayer journal for reflection:

Great prayer from church this morning

I apologize for slacking off on posting here. In addition to being too busy, and consequently feeling burned out on life again, I feel a little paralyzed on the blog front. My thoughts aren't organizing into coherent topics. I've also fallen back into the trap of second-guessing myself and my writing in general. The fastest way to kill your own voice is to shoot for perfection AND try to please everyone else. I know this, so I'll figure something out.

garden040112 (7)

My roses are going CRAZY right now! More pictures to come.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Easter! I love those prayer thoughts recorded in your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you wrote in your journal! And your flowers are gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those thoughts too, Brenda. And your roses are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the journal entry and your roses are amazing!

    ReplyDelete