Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Tilapia With Wine and Tomatoes


As grilling season begins, I want to share my favorite grilling recipe! It tastes kind of fancy, but is very easy to make and ready in a few minutes. You can alter it with different fish, different seasonings, or even more tomatoes (because there's no such thing as too many tomatoes). I bet this recipe would also be great for a camping trip if you had freshly caught fish.

Easy Tilapia with Wine and Tomatoes
Via Allrecipes.

Ingredients:
4 4 oz. tilapia filets
4 Tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic, pressed
4 fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat the grill to medium-high.

2. Place tilapia filets side by side on a large piece of aluminum foil (or you might want to foil each individually). Season with salt and pepper and place one Tbsp of butter on top of each filet. Top each with garlic, basil, and chopped tomato, then pour the wine over everything.

3. Fold up the foil around the fish, and seal into a packet. Place packet(s) on a cookie sheet for ease in transportation to and from the grill.

4. Grill packet(s) for 15 minutes (less time for individual packets/fewer filets), or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open the packet carefully so the steam won't scald you. Serve with a side salad or some sweet potato fries!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good, if I cooked. :) Except, I'd probably prefer another fish. I'm with you on the "no such thing as too many tomatoes," though the rest of my family would disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I've never actually had tilapia, though...what's it like? I'd never even heard of it until a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty bland on its own, but it seasons well. I thought tilapia was the stock fish everywhere!

    ReplyDelete