1. Friday Night Lights. It's crazy that I wasn't immediately obsessed with this well-loved tale of triumph over adversity through football in small-town Texas. It has everything I look for in a story.
3. Gilmore Girls. I know. I know. I know.
4. Doctor Who. If the constant raves of friends with good taste weren't enough to convince me, this graph would do it.
5. Avatar: The Last Airbender. I'm not into anime, but I've heard this is a must watch for writers because the plot writing is phenomenal.
6. Freaks and Geeks. I was the target age/audience for this show when it aired, but I missed it somehow. It features a lot of now-famous actors, including Jason Segel, whom I find very endearing.
7. Felicity. One of the most popular melodramas of my college years, but again, I never saw it. Plus, I think it was J.J. Abrams' first show.
Basically, if I ever have to be on bed rest for an extended time, I already have a plan in place!