Monday, October 22, 2012

Homecoming at Tiger Lane

tigerlane12 (2)

Saturday was Homecoming at the U of M! Kathy's husband was out of town, so she gave me his ticket, and the two of us attended the game with her youngest son. Spoiler alert: the Tigers lost and are now 1-6. However, I've noticed a general shift in attitude among Tiger football fans. At this point we expect to continue losing for another couple of years, until this young team gets some experience and Coach Fuente's recruiting and training really start to take hold. But I think he's a good coach, and I see progress (scoring any points is an improvement over last year), so I will continue supporting the team. More importantly, basketball season is so close I can taste it. :)

tigerlane12 (1)

Several years ago, a bunch of old buildings near the Liberty Bowl were torn down to create Tiger Lane, a fantastic and (by Memphis standards) high-class tailgating area. I was THRILLED to tailgate there for the first time as a guest of Kathy's friends. If anyone ever wants to give me an extravagant gift, I'd like a spot at Tiger Lane, please. (I checked this morning, and they run $175 plus the cost of a Highland Hundred membership. Sheesh.)

tigerlane12 (3)

tigerlane12 (5)

tigerlane12 (7)

Kathy's season tickets are in the second row. I had never had such great seats at a football game before!

tigerlane12 (8)

tigerlane12 (11)

Former Tiger, current Kansas City Chief Dontari Poe was just a few feet away on the sideline!

This morning I finally joined the Alumni Association! I'd been thinking about it for a long time. I'm not sure exactly what the perks are, but I'm going to find out.

1 comment: