Thursday, November 22, 2012
Thanksgiving has arrived at a good time for me this year. I really need to focus more on what I have instead of what I don't have. So here are a few things I'm thankful for.
- My family – my parents, siblings, and little niece, who has already changed our family for the better in so many ways!
- My two cats. They're great companions and bring me so much joy and comfort.
- My wonderful friends. When I'm in one of my defensive, lone wolf moods, it helps to know that I have true friends in every corner of my life who can be counted on to have my back, walk alongside me, and challenge me if necessary. I am really embarrassingly blessed in this area.
- My beautiful home that's just the way I like it!
- My church community. It's not perfect, but it's what I've been looking for all my life.
- My city, with its great food, great basketball, and great soul.
- The ability to financially support myself comfortably.
- My beautiful, reliable car!
- Living in an era of vision correction.
- The fitness room at my office, without which I would struggle to get enough exercise.
- The fact that even though the days are short right now, they WILL get long again.
- The heating pad on my mattress. Greatest invention ever. I would be miserable in the colder months without it.
- My freedom. I don't have to "submit" my life to anyone but God, or put up with any tomfoolery.
- My availability to spontaneously spend time with friends and help people.
- My upcoming staycation on Christmas week. I am looking forward to it as a man in the desert looks forward to an oasis.
And finally, my blog readers! Thank you all for taking the time to read. It means a lot to me to know that someone is out there. I hope you all have wonderful Thanksgivings!