Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving has arrived at a good time for me this year. I really need to focus more on what I have instead of what I don't have. So here are a few things I'm thankful for. 

   - My family – my parents, siblings, and little niece, who has already changed our family for the better in so many ways!

   - My two cats. They're great companions and bring me so much joy and comfort.

   - My wonderful friends. When I'm in one of my defensive, lone wolf moods, it helps to know that I have true friends in every corner of my life who can be counted on to have my back, walk alongside me, and challenge me if necessary. I am really embarrassingly blessed in this area.

   - My beautiful home that's just the way I like it!

   - My church community. It's not perfect, but it's what I've been looking for all my life.

   - My city, with its great food, great basketball, and great soul.

   - The ability to financially support myself comfortably.

   - My beautiful, reliable car!

   - Living in an era of vision correction.

   - The fitness room at my office, without which I would struggle to get enough exercise.

   - The fact that even though the days are short right now, they WILL get long again.

   - The heating pad on my mattress. Greatest invention ever. I would be miserable in the colder months without it.

   - My freedom. I don't have to "submit" my life to anyone but God, or put up with any tomfoolery.

   - My availability to spontaneously spend time with friends and help people.

   - Libraries.
  
   - Shoes.

   - My upcoming staycation on Christmas week. I am looking forward to it as a man in the desert looks forward to an oasis.

And finally, my blog readers! Thank you all for taking the time to read. It means a lot to me to know that someone is out there. I hope you all have wonderful Thanksgivings!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Brenda. I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a lovely day today. :)

    ReplyDelete