Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Wow Endings

joeyshocked


Today's Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish is Top Ten Wow Endings. A lot of my choices refer more to the wild ride of the whole book, not just the ending. Depending on how you look at it, I'm either blessed or cursed with a sort of naivete about story twists. I'm not totally oblivious, but I'm often blown away when others saw it coming!

1. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn I fully agree with Bridget here! This isn't my usual genre, but it took me on such a crazy ride, I couldn't help but love it.

2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins The second book in the Hunger Games trilogy made me crazy. At multiple points I had to set it down, pace around, and tell someone, "This is crazy. You will not believe what's happening right now. OMG."

3. When The Stars Go Blue by Caridad Ferrer This drum-corps drama wasn't what I expected in any kind of way.

4. Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare This new release with a controversial conclusion is a hot topic right now. Personally, I thought the ending was poignant and made sense.

5. Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares - Talk about kicking your fan base in the gut. (Still loved it, though.)

6. Rumors by Anna Godbersen - The second book in the underrated Luxe quadrilogy, this ended with a stunning development and a vow for justice that still makes me want to fistpump when I think about it. DON'T MESS WITH SISTERS!

7. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - No need to say more.

8. The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer - Well hello there, unexpected character!

9. Forget About It by Caprice Crane - This one skews more funny than intense. If you've never read any Caprice Crane, start ASAP!

10. Liar by Justine Larbalestier - An impressive novel that's gone underrecognized. It's kind of a tough read, but the best example of an unreliable narrator I've ever read.

No comments:

Post a Comment