Monday, June 10, 2013

Dinner Club at the Madison Rooftop

rooftop060813 (10)


About a year ago, some girlfriends and I were discussing the plethora of cool Memphis restaurants that we hadn't been to. We thought they would be great choices for dates, but unfortunately, none of us were dating anyone. Then we looked at each other and realized, what was stopping us from going together? And so the Dinner Club was born. We go out about once a month to a hot restaurant that most of us haven't been to before.

We hung out at a downtown rooftop once (at the River Inn) and liked it a lot. So when I saw an I Love Memphis post about the renovated Madison Hotel rooftop, I forwarded it to the girls. On Saturday, we went downtown and ate a fantastic dinner at the original Local on Main. Then we walked the few blocks over to the Madison in perfect weather. Our goal was to watch the sunset from the rooftop, but apparently a lot of other people had the same idea, because they were at capacity. We had to wait in the lobby until some people came down. Thankfully, we made it just in time for the sunset!


rooftop060813 (1)

rooftop060813 (6)

rooftop060813 (7)


Anyone who thinks Memphis isn't beautiful needs to take a look at this view in person. I felt blessed and free up on the roof looking at the lights and stars (and incoming FedEx planes that looked like stars), with my good friends and a delicious mojito.


rooftop060813 (11)


The fireworks at the nearby Redbirds game were our cue to leave, and we made it out of the parking garage before hundreds of people descended. We all agreed that it was a perfect evening. I think we can make an exception and go back to the rooftop. We didn't have dinner there, so it doesn't count. :)

While it was great with friends, I would also love to be taken there by a guy I liked. You can't look at that gorgeous view and not feel romantic. At least I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment