Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Progress

This weekend I took the plunge and bought a new couch and loveseat! :)

fusionsofaloveseat
(Not the chair, though...too giraffey)

It's ironic that I searched for a blue sofa for over a year, and then drove all the way out to Henco just to end up with beige. But this furniture is everything I wanted design-wise, and it's better quality than I would have found at Value City. If it looks too washed out in my yellow living room, I can accent with pillows or something. Worst case scenario, I can repaint the living room, but I don't think that'll be necessary. The furniture will be ready for pickup in a month or less. I'm planning to invest heavily in Sticky Paws once I bring it home, because THIS couch will not be a kitty jungle gym. I'm excited about having "real," contemporary living room furniture for the first time. I'd like to get a new coffee table and side table too, but those are less-picky items and should be easy to find on Craigslist or something.

In other news, I've been baking a lot, and every recipe involving baking powder has come out almost inedible. I'm paranoid about baking soda and powder measurements due to multiple teaspoon/tablespoon mixups in the past, so I knew I was using the right amount. I couldn't understand it. Then someone suggested I check the expiration date:

baking powder mystery solved

Mystery solved. I didn't know baking powder could go bad, but this can pre-dates my residence in my house. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment