At Powell's Books in Portland, Oregon, February 2011
Today's Top Ten Tuesday topic (say that three times fast!) was books you just had to buy and still haven't read. The floor next to my nightstand is OVERFLOWING with such books, so all I have to do is survey it:
1. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I know so many people obsessed with this book, but I'm still trying to make myself read it. I regret to admit that I have a few beefs with the whole Thankfulness Movement. Blog post still percolating.
2. Men and Women In The Church by Sarah Sumner
3. and 4. Driftwood Lane and Surrender Bay by Denise Hunter (part of her Nantucket Love Story series)
5. Half the Church: Recapturing God's Global Vision for Women by Carolyn Custis James (This one is even signed!! Shame on me)
6. How Sweet It Is by Alice Wisler (another fluffy love story)
7. Bring Me A Unicorn by Anne Morrow Lindbergh (the first of her memoirs)
8. The Best Worst Thing: A Memoir by Kristen K. Brown
9. The Reason for God by Tim Keller
10. Following Gandalf: Epic Battles and Moral Victory in The Lord of the Rings by Matthew Dickerson
So I struggle to get motivated for heavier theological stuff AND Christian romance novels. I guess my sweet spot is in the middle? :\ Seriously, I shouldn't be hard on myself for getting around to most of these slowly. I'm not a seminary student, even if I occasionally wish I was.