Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jewelry Stories: Jubilee Medal



As I've mentioned before, my two best friends/roommates from college are Catholic. Back then, I went to Mass and worship services with them fairly often. So I was well aware of the Great Jubilee in 2000 (which was our junior/senior year of college). I loved the concept and was happy to celebrate despite not being Catholic. :)

That summer, Kathy and her family went to Rome for World Youth Day. She bought me this Jubilee medal on that trip. I love the colors and the way the light shines through the Venetian glass. It reminds me of a special time in my life and in history, and is a sort of talisman of peace, given to me by a friend who thought of me when she was thousands of miles from home.




Other Jewelry Stories: here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment